Share

Friday, April 22, 2011

Endgame

These nights, I give myself time to play or listen to music before I go to bed. Today, I know I will wake up earlier and fresher because of it. There's something so therapeutic about leaving a day behind, to turn and focus on something you know simultaneously relaxes, strengthens and assures your mind. Especially while listening to music, focusing on just the beat initially keeps you right in the present. But the recesses of your brain then catch onto strains of harmony and melody that evoke lucid visions in your now clear brain. Visions of those you love, what you care for, all tinged with an emotion that's impossible to comprehend without the memories it is playing on. Now I realize my breath. Now I open my eyes. Now I breathe. I feel sweat gently turn inside my veins. Me and my body have just lived.

3 comments:

Nripa said...

Just came across your blog after a long time. You still write amazingly :) How's life treating you?

AC said...

Hi Nripa, thanks for posting :) Life's good on my side, what standard are you in now?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ambu. As always, a good one.